MIXED SOCIAL TAG
Mixed Social Tag is the most popular in the country and perfect for rookie players new to the game and teams as interested in what happens off the pitch, as what materialises on it!!!
Games are 7 a side with a maximum of 4 guys on the pitch at all times. You can have up to 7 subs on the sideline so a maximum of 14 players in your squad each night. Matches are 40 minutes long with 2 x 20 min halves and 5 mins for half time. Check out the Basic Laws for Mixed Social Tag below.
The vast majority of our Spring, Summer, Autumn & Winter Leagues are Mixed Social Tag Leagues - so unless the league name states "Premiership", "Men's Only", "Women's Only" or "Over 30s", you are signing up to a Mixed Social Tag League!
NB: If you only play Mixed Social Tag, you will not be eligible
to play Representative Tag for your Region or Ireland
- Mixed Social Tag Venues
- Basic Laws for Mixed Social Tag
- Register Now
Here are a list of our venues around the country where we run Mixed Social Tag Leagues:
In Dublin, we run leagues year round on a number of superb all-weather pitches, so games get played in rain, hail, sleet and sunshine! For many of our Spring & Summer Leagues, we move onto grass, which is brilliant to run on and lends itself to some spectacular defensive diving tags!
Dublin - Southside
- Pembroke Wanderers Hockey Club, Ballsbridge
- Monkstown RFC, Sandymount
- Harold's Cross Stadium
- Terenure College RFC
- Irishtown Stadium, Ringsend
- Wesley College, Ballinteer
Dublin - Northside
- Clontarf Road Sports Complex, D3
- Coolmine RFC, Ashtown
Old Crescent RFC, home to the world's largest tag festival, the Pig n Porter in July, is arguably the most social venue in the country! With Summer and Autumn Leagues on grass in the club, you are sure to be rocking both on and off the pitch! Then, during the off-season, we play on the fantastic all-weather pitches in UL - so there is lots of tag in Limerick throughout the year.
Cork Con FC is our venue in Cork, where we run Spring, Summer and Autumn Leagues on grass. With its superb location, great facilities and very social atmosphere, it is one of the best venues in the country!
Kildare is one of our fastest growing tag regions, where we now have 3 venues running tag in NUIM Barnhall RFC, Naas Sports Centre and North Kildare RFC. During the summer, games are played on grass in each venue, while during the Spring, we use the all-weather hockey pitch in Naas - ideal for players looking to get into tag mode before the busy summer season!
- Naas Sports Centre
- NUIM Barnhall RFC, Celbridge
- North Kildare RFC, Kilcock
We use St Mary's College, located in the heart of Galway, for our Spring and Summer Leagues. As well as being within walking distance of the city centre, St Mary's College has a large number of grass pitches, plus plenty of parking, to accommodate all the taggers flocking to the venue!
2. Basic Laws for Mixed Social Tag
- 7 players on the pitch
- Maximum of 4 guys on the pitch at all times
- Squads of up to 14 players (7 subs) allowed (NEW)
- Boy try = 1 point
- Girls try = 3 points
- Bonus Box (5m x 5m) introduced in middle of try line - see diagram below (NEW)
- 1 bonus point for girl tries only scored within Bonus Box
- Girls Try within Bonus Box = 4 points
- Players are allowed to dive for tries (NEW)
- Ball must be placed on ground first before elbows or knees.
- No swallow dives.
- No deliberate contact.
- Referees will disallow diving if they feel it is dangerous
- Female only kick off at re-starts
- Allow Accelerate-Her rule
- 4 girls on pitch = 4 points per Girl Try
- 5 girls on pitch = 5 point per Girl Try and so on...
3. Register for Mixed Social Tag
There are two ways that you can play in Mixed Social Tag: