· - Meet
new like-minded outgoing people
· - Get
active and exercise outdoors in the Spring and Summer evenings
· - Try
a new sport, learn something new
TAG IS VERY SOCIAL!
Our New to Tag Coaching Academies are VERY player friendly. Scores are not kept, while the emphasis is very much on learning & fun rather than competition and winning - plus everyone retires to the clubhouse afterwards to enjoy the fun social side of Heineken Light Tag!
You don't need any previous Tag experience nor to be a gym bunny - New to Tag is for total beginners of all fitness levels!!!Currently 30% of our beginners do not take regular exercise and 50%+ have not played regular team sports in many years.
Have no fear of ‘making a fool of yourself’ as everybody is in the same boat and our friendly experienced Tag coaches will make you feel welcome and at ease in this fun and relaxed beginners coaching environment.
WHAT DO I NEED TO PLAY?
The only piece of equipment you need
to play Tag is a pair of ‘regulated ITF tag shorts’, which you can purchase for at a discounted rate as part of your registration (RRP €20).
Regarding footwear, you can simply wear a pair of runners - so along with your tag shorts and a standard tshirt, you are now ready to go!
And the best thing is that you don’t even need to a team or to know any
other players! Just sign up below and let us
put you on a team and teach you how to play Tag every week…it couldn’t be
WHAT IS TAG?
Tag is a non-contact
form of rugby. Male and female adults
play equally on a mixed team. The aim is
to remove a Velcro tag from an attacking players’ shorts who is running with
the rugby ball. Basically, Tag is an
evasion game with lots of running and passing. Male players get 1 point and females get 3 points for scoring a
‘try’. It is lots of fun and the rules
are quick to learn!
HOW DOES ‘NEW TO TAG’ COACHING ACADEMY WORK?
1. Register online as an individual (not as a
whole team!) for the night and venue that suits you best. Choose from the options below.
2. Come along with your shorts, runners and tshirt on the first night, where we will put you on a random team.
3. Every night of the Academy, we will change and mix up the teams, so you will be playing with lots of different players and meeting lots of new people
4. Each Coaching Academy session is 45 minutes long. For Spring, it is a 6 week course - for Summer, it is 9 weeks.
5. You will learn the basics of the game, including how
to catch and pass a rugby ball correctly, how to remove a tag, evasion skills etc.
6. For Weeks 1 & 2, the coaching sessions kicks off with 20 mins of warm-up games and fun interactive skill drills, all based around Tag.
7. Then we break into 25 mins of small-sided matches, where you can test your new skills in a
fun and relaxed environment - we mix the teams each week.
8. In Week 3, you will play in a 45 min round robin blitz against other beginner players.
9. This "three week cycle" of two weeks coaching, plus third
week fun non-competitive blitz is repeated over the duration of the courses.
10. EVERY WEEK, all Academy players + coaches retire to the Heineken Light Tag Clubhouse for a well-earned post-match